Nick Clegg, the Deputy Prime Minister, has backed a call by Margot James, MP for Stourbridge, for the courts to impose the severest-possible penalties against the Oxford gang that exploited young and vulnerable girls.
Following the Home Secretary’s statement to the House of Commons on the case of Abu Qatada, Margot James welcomes moves to reduce the layers of appeal available to foreign criminals fighting deportation.
Margot James questions the Government about what can be done to increase the number of girls choosing a career in engineering.
Evidence was heard from Paul Coxhead, Chief Executive of Logistics Apprenticeship Training Agency in the West Midlands and John Hayes MP, the Minister of State for Further Education.
Evidence was heard from Paula Vennells, Chief Executive, Post Office Ltd, and George Thomson, General Secretary, National Federation of Sub Postmasters.
The Business, Innovation and Skills Select Committee met on 26th April to take further evidence on apprenticeships.
Proud of Stourbridge
Margot James has congratulated a local student on hosting a performance festival aimed at showcasing the talents of young people with learning disabilities.
Margot James has congratulated local transport authority Centro on receiving three awards, two of which were for the new Stourbridge Interchange.
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- March 2012 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- February 2012 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- Christmas 2011 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- December 2011 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- November 2011 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- October 2011 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- September 2011 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- August 2011 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
- July 2011 - Newsletter from Margot James MP
Margot James writes for the Telegraph...
Michael Gove, the Education Secretary, is read more
The Prime Minister’s long awaited speech on Europe delivered an upbeat message about Britain’s read more